At this time, the Meigs County Sheriff's Office has the following employment opportunities:
- SPECIAL DEPUTY (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
- WEEKEND COOK
- An applicant shall be no less than EIGHTEEN (18) years of age by the application deadline and must submit a resume.
- Must be a high school graduate or equiva lent and have a valid Ohio driver’s license.
- Applicant shall have no record of conviction of a misdemeanor, any felony or violent crime.
- Must pass a background investigation, inquirie s as to your character/reputation, and criminal records check.
- An applicant shall be physically, medically and psychologically fit to perform the essential functions of the job classification applying for. A medical exam may be required to assure you can perform the required duties. If you are on, have received, or applied for any disability, currently or in the past this must be disclosed.
- Residency requirement can be waived as per the discretion of the Sheriff.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- An applicant applying for a Deputy's position (full, part-time or volunteer) shall be a Certified Peace Officer by the State of Ohio. Applicants must submit a resume with a copy of all certificates, commendations and letters of recommendations. A copy of your most resent commission and/or your O.P.O.T.A. Certificate must be included.
- Any other information that you wish to submit.
- If you were a Special Deputy and are reapplying for a commission please submit total hours and details worked last year for the Sheriff Office.
The Meigs County Sheriff's Office does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, diasbility and age in employment practices.